Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Ambassador > 1959 - 1965 Ambassador
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Mantua , Ohio
Sewer line storage?

I am considering extending the rear bumper out 6 inches on y 61 Ambassador to store the sewer line.
What are my other options? I really do like the look of the bumper as it is, but REALLY need a strong solution for sewer line storage IMMEDIATELY...
THANKS!
Studioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
My 31' Classic came to me with two PVC tubes bracketed across the belly in front of the wheels. I'm guessing they were put there to hold additional sewer lines.

I doubt they were OEM, but they don't look bad, and you can only see them from the street side. Just a thought, for what it's worth.
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Montgomery , Alabama
Google sewer storage + fencepost. lots of folks have built storage in 4" PVC fence posts with hinged caps. It is easy enough that I could do it...

Montgomery, Alabama

follow the Two Bikes and an Airstream blog at https://airgo.blogspot.com
twobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We have an underbellly storage tube as well..love it...the hose dries & airs out between uses...ours it will hold two 10' lengths of slinky hose... BUT make sure your entire hose, including the fittings on the ends will fit into the tube ... some hoses have fittings that are not removable, and those, of course, cannot be stored in a tube. You can mke the tube yourself out of PVC or you can buy them at camping/RV supply stores.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Throw that fat sewer line away and use this:

Amazon.com: Valterra SS01 Boxed SewerSolution System: Automotive

We've been using ours for five years and it works great.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Yup. I have a stinky slinky that came with the AS still in the tube underneath--too lazy to pull it out and toss it. No matter how good they are, they all eventually get pinhole or worse leaks.

I use a sewer solution plus a couple 3 foot hoses connected to a two-way hose valve on the end of my longer utility (read dirty non-potable) hose. One of the three footers has the sewer solution quick connect on it, the other goes to the black tank flusher connection. When I dump, I ca easily control tank flusher and sewer solution water jet from one spot. Flush and dump black tank enough time that it's squeaky clean, then shut its dump valve and do the gray tank after I flush the sewer solution fitting and clear extender I have to use. Then dump and flush gray tank.

Nice and tidy, and all this fits nicely in the bumper storage bin. Tanks are nice and lean because I can see what is going down the drain and how clear the effluent is by looking at the sewer solution connector and the clear extension.

My tank valve bodies and handle spacing made it hard to install the sewer solution to the dump port, so I picked up a short transparent Valterra extension. It's more or less permanently on the sewer solution fitting now. Makes it easy to hook up, and see what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Port Saint Lucie , Florida
Sewer Solution

I've used a Sewer Solution for years on two motorhomes and a trailer but am now rethinking this and returning to a "smooth" bore slinky along with the black tank flushing feature. See this video and the follow ups.

See Inside the RV Black Tank: a Review of the Sewer Solution - YouTube

Certainly thought provoking.

Brian

2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab Duramax 2WD
ttsr4us is offline   Reply With Quote