Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Ambassador > 1959 - 1965 Ambassador
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Thumbs up Entry Door Lock Set Hunt ends at Inland

While on a recent road trip the entry door lock failed. Luckily, it failed while the coach was parked. First, I spent twenty minutes calling RV centers and locksmiths in southern Wisconsin (whom both advised me to call each other). Secondly, I obtained the name off the lock and called the manufacturer of the lock. The manufacturer advised me that they no longer made the set, but that it was available from an aisian company. They did not sell direct anyway, but said it was available through Airstream Parts and Service. Next I called Airsteam and found out that they do not sell parts direct to end users either, and they informed me that the lock set was availble from an Airstream dealer that deals with vintage coaches, one of which was Inland RV. So, had I done what I first had thought of doing, calling Andy R. at Inland, I would have been able to resume my vacation more quickly. Inland is in southern CA and I dropped off my coach there in December 2001. I was pleased with the service and impressed with the knowledge of the staff. So if you need some obscure piece for your vintage rig, I recommend inlandrv.com.
- Roy Azdak
Grady White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:52 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
Hemet , California
Thumbs up Repairs at Inland

We had a trailer tire tread separation during our vacation (Rt. Rear) that smashed in the right, rear curved panel behind the wheel well on our 92 25' Excella. Inland RV (Corona, CA) did an excellent job repairing this damage in only 2 days.....and even took the trailer in after a short call on a busy Monday morning (last), done by Wednesday noon. Plus he replaced the magnets on the brakes which were very worn, while doing a wheel balancing. Check out their website. They have listed it elsewhere in this forum....probably under the repair and/or parts section.

Gary Norgan
Hemet, CA
(1 hour drive to Corona)
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
GoldFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:47 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Inland RV

"ANDY ROCKS"
-Sharon
Sharon Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Question locked out.

I posted a thread on 12/14/04 havent got any reply yet probably because of the holidays .So I wanted to ask .How much different is the new door latch compared to the stock one.? And do you have to do much hacking at the original door.? I was hoping to find someone the stock part stashed away somewhare.
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1963 ambassador