Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1961 28' Ambassador
1975 31' Excella 500
Bladensburg , Ohio
Long time - no log in. Glad to see you all on here. I got the water pump in, but have a leak so am working on fixing that... trying to locate some old AS parts for bunk beds... if not, a good friend of mine is ex-Amish and can help me with it. I believe John can do just about anything... the man is amazing with tools!

Then, we will be ready to camp. I have a portable AC. We got the mini-fridge in it. The awning and other parts can come one at a time as we can afford them. Having a family of 4 kids + the wife and I makes the restoring part hard. We're more concerned with just having the trailer waterproof and semi-cool so we can sleep in it. When we camp, we cook outside over a fire and spend most of the time outdoors on trails or bikes.

Talk to you all later and Happy New Year!

61Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1961 28' Ambassador
1975 31' Excella 500
Bladensburg , Ohio
Congrats on the new ambassador!

Welcome to the Club!

I hope to start doing restoration work on mine very shortly. Waiting on my tax return as money is TIGHT right now. With my 4 kids and my wife and myself - that $31K doesn't stretch real far. ) So, the tax return is a god-send... pay off credit cards and have some left over for fixing the camper up and taking some time off to go camping this summer with the family.

We used to tent-camp, but a good friend had this old AS sitting up in his woods and said we could have it IF we wanted it. IF???? I have always wanted one since I was a little boy and here I got one free!!!

It has some dings and dents and scratches... but it doesn't leak and the electricity and original Fridge works. I am considering taking the original fridge out though and selling it...

Any ideas on how to get the lock in working order? There's a broke-off key in the lock and the original keys are long gone. Could a locksmith drill out the lock and put in a new tumbler?

61Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote

1961, 1961 ambassador