Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Pacific NW , Washington
Where to buy window frames for our '59

Does anyone know where to buy Hehr window frames or know of anyone parting an Airstream? We have a 59 Tradewind and I managed to mangle the window frame when removing it from the trailer. We had a house fire and it got to our trailer that was parked along the house

I have checked all over Ebay, Craigslist, and the classifieds but no luck? The size we need it 18X29 but if we find a larger frame I can always cut it down and weld it up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is an example of the window frame we are looking for:

dgreen78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Have you thought about going to a sheet metal person to have them build you a new one just like your vintage Hehr window? We have a friend who built two new ones and rebuilt the two other windows this past Winter for us. Ours were for a '56.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote