Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #381
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
hello

The wheels have been sold. Thanks for the interest though, and enjoy your '67 TW!

I'll be back folks!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #382
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
it's a start...

After a HUGE project of moving our tools/materials for kitchen and bath remodel business out of the garage and into a shop, I now have room to work. On some days, the garage is EXACTLY the way I left it! No boxes of "left over from a job" on the flat surface I just cleaned. My general outlook on life is much much better.

Today, I finally got the nerve to teach myself how to use my air compressor. That is a huge deal for me. We pulled the frame out from under the trailer and then hubby went out of town for the week.

I blew off all the dirt and cobwebs that collected in various corners, and I finished up every single solitary spot that I had missed; it was kind of a good thing that it rained some here because it made those places all the more visible with slight rust. It was just a few, but worth the work. I used up the rest of the POR15 on my front porch banisters!

Next up: making wheel wells.

Here is some Airstream haiku I composed today. Maybe you can relate.

neighbors want to chat
while I work under my rig
please shut up and leave

ingrid
Old 11-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #383
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Ingrid-

Thanks for Haiku Chuckle... I'd offer them a spot next to you and a rivet gun and tell them how glad you were they could come over to help out.. They'd run like their hair was on fire...

Keeep the faith..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #384
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
the faith!

You have more faith in me than I do in myself...we'll see what happens by the end of the day today...

Thanks...! I hope you're well.

ingrid
Old 11-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #385
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Hooray!!!

Ingrid, Now that the frame is done you can move on to putting the floor on the frame!!! Yippee! Once you get started don't forget to stop by the neighbors' house to get assistance to lift those heavy 3/4" sheets of marine plywood into place. That should really cure them from un-invited visits for a while! LoL! You just know that as the shell goes back on and all thru the interior refit that they will be over oohing and ahhing all your hard work. What I hate is the offering of opinions as to color schemes and decor! Ha! Keep us updated on your progress and.... we're all glad you have a proper work space/garage now to work in. Sending you much good Karma even if the website no longer supports that function!!! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #386
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Long Beach , California
Hi Ingrid and Tanya,

We have a '67 Tradewind too that we are slowly redoing...not enough time, lack of money and 3 kids keep getting in the way. Luckily, our trailer is in really good shape but the interior needs to be redone and we need better sleeping arrangements for the family.

I have been reading your thread for a while and really am enjoying it, plus I am learning alot. I have questions and comments for you.

First, we are getting ready to re-seal all of our windows, replace the metal clips at the bottom and generally clean things up. You mentioned two different gaskets. Which do you recommend? We were going to purchase the one on VTS. But you seemed to really like the "D" gasket?

Second, we are going to install a flooring material called Plynyl (www.plynyl.com). It is a woven poly vinyl in lots of great patterns and colors. It comes in 18"x18" squares that glue down. It is lightweight and can be vacumned, swept or lightly wet mopped. You might want to look into it. It should not "off-gass" like many carpets, cork and other materials. The marmoleum is another great "green" product.

As for the counter top laminates. All of the big companies like Formica, Wilsonart and Laminart make very durable products that should not scratch. Laminates are designed for just this use...countertops.

Keep up the great work and the reports. It is so fun to read about your adventures.

I appreciate your help with the windows and hope to hear from you soon.

Becki
Snellen 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
free airstream plates

Hey all,

I'm giving away my old Airstream nameplates. Let me know if you're interested. The ad is in classifieds.

No Airstream progress. We closed our home remodeling business (I'm sure you can guess why), Jeff going back to his previous job (health benefits YAAAY), I'm looking for work, and starting grad school in the fall.

It's been crazy and kind of hard on Jeff, but we're settling in. I think this new life we're working towards, if I find work, might mean money AND time to work on the trailer! I'm teaching a couple of after school computer classes, and with both of us working regular hours, we've even had a few sit-down dinners as a family, and weekends together.

At any rate, I'm still here and so is my twinkie. Hope you're all well, let me know how you're doing, on here or at ingy1851@gmail.com

ingrid
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #388
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Unhappy Hi folks

Oh what a joyful year it's been...2009, definitely one to forget. 2010 is iffy, but we'll see. I hope you are all gainfully employed and keeping your homes.

We bought the metal for the TW wheel wells, a place in Alameda quoted us $150.00 for a 4 x 8 sheet. We went to Alco Metal and Iron Company in San Leandro, CA and they charged us $30 for two. The service was good, they carried it to the truck, and they also recycle metal, so you can go green with your scraps. I think they do this at all locations. They are located in Vallejo, CA, San Leandro CA, and Stockton, CA

They carry just about everything. Just an FYI. I miss all of you!

Alco Metal & Iron Company

Cheers...

ingrid
Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #389
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Yeah!

Ingrid, Glad to hear from you! We are well and I have been working pretty steady last year and into March of this year. Haven't had any time to work on the trailer tho'. Spending too much time out of state or on the road. Have to leave here next weekend to go to Michigan for work at another nuke plant. Hope you are all well. Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 06-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #390
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
I'm baaaaaaaaack....

We're working on new wheel wells! Right now! Nothing accomplished for the last year until this very day! Do any of you even remember me?

...hello...?

ingrid
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #391
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Long Beach , California
Hey Ingrid! I remember you! So glad you are back on it! We have made some pretty good progress on our trailer earlier this year. Some day I will post pics. Best of luck with your adventures. As my husband says, its a love hate with our tin can!
Snellen 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #392
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Hey There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes View Post
I'm baaaaaaaaack....

We're working on new wheel wells! Right now! Nothing accomplished for the last year until this very day! Do any of you even remember me?

...hello...?
Ingrid, I thought you had all but dropped off the planet! Glad to hear you are getting back to work on the trailer. We are starting back on ours as of tomorrow too! Ed
Old 06-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #393
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Ok I re-read some of my last posts and kits been TWO years of no progress. Good to be missed!

So the wheel wells are formed but we had to do some creative cutting because the doofus who formed it screwed up. Plus we dont own a bending brake so jeff used a piece of wood and some other weird device. He did not enjoy that.

But next up I'm caulking and POR15'ing them and then they get attached.

Could use a hello from

ingrid
Old 06-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #394
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
old friends and continued encouragement!!

ingrid
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #395
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
RE: Encouragement

Ingrid, We send you so much encouragement on your progress, and don't forget the pictures! Always post new pictures so I can be jealous of the progress you are making! LOL! Ed
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #396
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
I will I promise!!

ingrid
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #397
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
OMG!! She's baaaaccckkk...

Ingrid-

Welcome back on behalf of Northern Calif Casini/Jackson group! Sorry to hear about Jeff business but at least he isn't alone in construction industry... I suspect we were a lot closer to "The Great Depression II" than a lot of folks realize...

We'd like to see a commitment of at least an update every 6 months, even if it is only some bent sheet metal for a wheel well... Sooner or later the funds and pieces will come together and you'll be able to enjoy the Tradewind.. Hopefully Jeff will have some time and energy at end of work day to actually do cabinetry and construction inside...

Retirement 2.01 coming together, though Consulting Practice Restart is already turning down projects, so it doesn't look good for long slow Airstream adventures.. I am trying to decide whether to pay for using my cell phone as WiFi hotspot or just buy a mobile data gizmo and contract, to be abe to take show on the road...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Well I found full time work, nothing glamorous but definitely fun...a "campus supervisor at my daughters school but T a separate site. She's in 6th grade so this is healthy for both of us...she's moving towards her independence and I don't want to hold her back.

Jeff is not only contracting again but the union has jobs to offer it's members. We are on an upswing in this house, but it hit rock bottom first. We had an auction sign taped to our front door at one point. I'm sure there are others out there who experienced the same.

I was gone mostly because I started to feel stupid posting about the trailer we couldnt make progress on. With our newfound financial hopefully-somewhat stability I can get progress done and show up at a norcal wrapped in aluminum!!

ingrid
Old 06-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #399
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Oh...my unglamorous but fun job covers our health insurance!!! Whew.

ingrid
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #400
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Ingrid, Great news on the financial upswing and the ever elusive insurance coverage! I hope every thing gets back to normal with you guys soon! Happy to hear you will be getting the aluminum ready to camp in too! Best wishes to you all! Happy Trails, Ed