Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 05:38 AM   #1
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Granville Centre , Nova Scotia
My return to Airstreams "The Snailer" '66 Tradewind

Hello Folks
Just trying out my first post to get the bugs out. Just brought home my new toy a 1966 Tradewind dubbed "The Snailer" . Overall pretty good shape but trouble with the air,heater & water heater. Usual soft floor areas but mostly pretty solid. Shell is pretty straight but does have a crease in the front from previous repair. Interior is surprisingly original and functioning pretty good. Hope I can figure out how to post a picture. No doubt I will have lots of questions for you guys. Been enjoying reading them so far. Nope sorry Upload just keeps failing, maybe next time
Snailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Okay folks don't know if anyone is listening but, There seems to be no way for me to post a picture, I have gone through all the upload info on this site and it keeps saying "Upload failed", I have sized things smaller still with no results. I can upload photos to every other site I am on with no trouble at all. Is there anything out of the normal that any of you can think of ? Otherwise theres no point for me to be on here if I cant post photos for questions. Thanks in advance
Old 09-04-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Oh my avatar is the only photo upload that worked
Old 09-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Welcome from a 65 Tradewinder. Good luck. You'll get the hang of the picture thing from someone post that you read.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Well if anyone cares to see a pic of the Snailer you can find it in Members photos where they upload no problem but still wont work in a post frustrating oh well off to play with my trailer
Old 09-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Mission Viejo , California
Well Snailer, even if I can't see the picture, congratulations on your Airstream. I am still dreaming about my first, yet to come, Airstream.
Bill Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Smile posting pics

I'm going to post a pic just to explain how I do it. Others may have a better path. Before starting this reply, I clicked on "Go Advanced" instead of "Quick Reply". Then I scroll down to the "Additional Options" and in the box for "Attach Files" I click on "Manage Attachments". Under this new window there are 3 options and I choose "Upload File from your Computer" which allows up to 4 items. I click on "Browse" to find and select the ones I wish to upload and then click on "Upload".
With that done I could preview post or Click on Submit Reply in this first window.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0244.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	247265  
JRF0st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #8
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Thanks Jim, that was perfectly clear and that's exactly how I keep trying it. Just tried again now, same result . I would think its a problem with my computer but it works in the other areas of this site as well as all other sites. I do appreciate your help. I am out of ideas on this one, wish there was an alternative method as this just isn't going to work.
Thanks again and all the best
Old 09-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #9
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Thanks Bill good luck on your hunt, I have owned 3 over the years and got all of them by door knocking. All for great deals
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Northborough , Massachusetts
Test...

It should work... Here is a pic of a bunch of us at a music festival a couple of years ago.

If you are still having problems there has to be something that is interfering with the process. Make sure you are logged in correctly.

It does not show up until I do "submit reply" or "Preview Post".

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	038.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	247420  
cwbiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:51 AM   #11
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Thanks Chuck, looks like your having a good time .
Old 09-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #12
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Okay I just tried again on that last post to add one. When I click on manage attachments a window opens with the Browse options, I click and find the photo on my computer then it says file uploading, then upload failed. So I tried posting without clicking upload still nothing. My bar at the top when the window opens saying files by Snailer is solid green right the way across , I assume that means I don't have any files used ?. Must be something on my computer but I don't know why I could load the same photos I am trying now on the members photos thread with no trouble
Old 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Sailer

Welcome from another 66 Tradewind owner.

I really like my 66 TW. I have made some improvements and I suspect it may never truly be finished. Always something to tweak. My latest improvement was installing a fridge vent fan system. See the fridge section or Dan's 66 TW improvements in the trailer section.

Sorry about your photo loading problems.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:36 AM   #14
The original Snailer

1966 24' Tradewind
Thanks for the welcome Dan, Hope to get the photo bug exterminated so I can post pics with questions or info sharing. Biggest problem right now is a bad back and too busy at work to play with it right now. Want to get it up and out to the sunny south for a month this winter and really spend some time with it, Oh and the family
Old 09-18-2015, 06:53 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1961 22' Safari
Collegeville , Pennsylvania
Another option is to post your photo to Photobucket.com (or other online site) and then insert a link to your photo preceded with "[img]" and ended with '[/img]" - but without the quotes.

The benefit of doing this is you can assemble an online library of all your photos in a single place and use the link to any photo anywhere and anytime. So you upload once and can link over and over. Plus, if you ever want to remove your photos - remove them from your library and they will disappear from anywhere they were posted.

Here's an example...

TheHandyDan is offline   Reply With Quote