Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #43
1 Rivet Member
 
1967 24' Tradewind
Sebastian , Florida
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 14
Joe, thank you for the information and such a prompt reply...yes the trailer came from West Virginia according to the guy I bought it from...Heard that an older lady lived in her for years in a trailer park alone until she passed and the neighbor got the trailer so it all seems to fit....again thank you.....Donna
__________________

silverdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #44
Rivet Master
 
mello mike's Avatar
 
1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,742
Images: 53
Hi Joe,
Could you do me a favor and look up 5124 for my 1958 Overlander? I'm really curious who owned this Airstream and where's its been.

Mike
__________________

__________________
1958 Overlander
2011 Wolf Creek 850N TC
2011 Ford F-250 Crewcab (6.2L), 3.73RE

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
http://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #45
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,233
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mello mike View Post
Hi Joe,
Could you do me a favor and look up 5124 for my 1958 Overlander? I'm really curious who owned this Airstream and where's its been.

Mike
Mike,
Yours isn't as easy, since the #5124 was first actually assigned years after your '58 Overlander was built. #5124 was first assigned in 1961. Since most Airstreams joined the club when new, it is therefore possible that #5124 was initially assigned to a different trailer and maybe was reassigned to your trailer at a later time. Or possibly not. Maybe the owners just waited to join. We may never know.

In any case, my set of directories is very incomplete in the 1960's, so I can only provide limited information. In my 1966 Directory (the earliest I have after #5124 was originally assigned), and which reflects membership as of 12/31/1965, #5124 is assigned Herbert and Mildred Bair of Garden Grove, CA. They are noted as having participated on caravan 42 - Mexico Winter 1965.

#5124 Herbert and Ruth Bair are last listed in the 1999 WBCCI Directory. I am guessing that Herbert remarried at some point, but I did not research all of the intervening years. In 1999, the Bairs are listed as having participated on 18 Airstream company caravans, 1 WBCCI Overseas Caravan, 4 WBCCI National Caravans, and 1 WBCCI Regional Caravan. Of course it is entirely likely with that much travel that they upgraded to a newer Airstream at some point.

So, at the moment, I can't confidently confirm that the Bairs owned your '58 Overlander, because someone else could have owned it and been assigned #5124 between 1961 and 1964, but it is entirely possible that the Bairs did own it and quite possibly took it on at least a few caravans.

In any case enjoy it!
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #46
Rivet Master
 
SilverHoot's Avatar
 
1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,104
Blog Entries: 3
Wow Joe,

So great that you take the time to answer all these requests. My 1967 Tradewind has the remnants of #17422 also can see what's left of what I think is a round World Caravan decal on front and rear above the numbers. Love to get whatever info you may have.

Thanks a lot,

Michael
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member
 
glogeo's Avatar
 
1978 29' Ambassador
2006 30' Classic S/O
Pine Bluff , Arkansas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 33
do u know what sequence of numbers the r currently issuing? what are the benefits of joining now with internet connection between owners so easy....
glogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #48
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,885
Blog Entries: 2
They have started using 4 digit numbers again. 5 years ago I had a 5 digit number and after dropping out for a year I was given a low4 digit number. zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #49
Rivet Master
 
mello mike's Avatar
 
1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,742
Images: 53
Awesome, Joe!!! Thanks for taking the time to lookup the numbers.
__________________
1958 Overlander
2011 Wolf Creek 850N TC
2011 Ford F-250 Crewcab (6.2L), 3.73RE

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
http://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:47 AM   #50
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,233
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoot View Post
Wow Joe,

So great that you take the time to answer all these requests. My 1967 Tradewind has the remnants of #17422 also can see what's left of what I think is a round World Caravan decal on front and rear above the numbers. Love to get whatever info you may have.

Thanks a lot,

Michael
Michael,
Just a quick partial reply until I have more time. #17422 was one of the last numbers originally assigned in 1966 (highest was 17426). That could make sense for an "early" 1967 model, since model years typically changed over between July and September of the preceding year, more or less.

I don't have a 1967 Directory (membership as of 12/31/1966), but in my 1968 Directory (membership as of 12/31/1967), #17422 is assigned to Alton and Wanda Gilbreath of Ojai, CA, no caravans listed. I don't have time to look more up at the moment, but I promise to get you more details, probably after Thanksgiving.

And regarding the Caravan sticker, I will just note that the ATW caravan took place in 1963-64 before your unit was built and the Gilbreaths were not participants. Someone either got an old sticker to add to the trailer, or else perhaps it is just a Wally Byam Caravan Club Sticker, which does feature Wally's face in front of a globe. I suspect the latter, because it is normal to place a club sticker above the membership numbers on the front and rear of the trailer.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #51
Rivet Master
 
SilverHoot's Avatar
 
1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,104
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks Joe! The names you provided are actually in the owners manual so probably original owners. Be interesting to know the rest of this old girls history.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #52
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,428
Images: 5
In Search of 3628

We have had WBCCI Number 3628 on Lucy for the last five years. If a member out there has and old WBCCI Directory from the 50's or 60's, I would love to know who had Lucy's 3628 originally, and where their home base was.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #53
Rivet Master
 
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,943
3628 in the 1064 directory was assigned to Harry and Ethel Steuernagel, from Hartford, Conn. no caravans were listed.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #54
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,233
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Michael,
Just a quick partial reply until I have more time. #17422 was one of the last numbers originally assigned in 1966 (highest was 17426). That could make sense for an "early" 1967 model, since model years typically changed over between July and September of the preceding year, more or less.

I don't have a 1967 Directory (membership as of 12/31/1966), but in my 1968 Directory (membership as of 12/31/1967), #17422 is assigned to Alton and Wanda Gilbreath of Ojai, CA, no caravans listed. I don't have time to look more up at the moment, but I promise to get you more details, probably after Thanksgiving.

And regarding the Caravan sticker, I will just note that the ATW caravan took place in 1963-64 before your unit was built and the Gilbreaths were not participants. Someone either got an old sticker to add to the trailer, or else perhaps it is just a Wally Byam Caravan Club Sticker, which does feature Wally's face in front of a globe. I suspect the latter, because it is normal to place a club sticker above the membership numbers on the front and rear of the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoot View Post
Thanks Joe! The names you provided are actually in the owners manual so probably original owners. Be interesting to know the rest of this old girls history.
OK here is the rest of what I can find out about #17422. The Gilbreaths were still listed in Ojai, CA in 1969. The last year the Gilbreaths are listed is 1970, and at that time they were listed in Springfield, OR, still with no caravans listed.

#17422 is then unlisted in my 1971 through 1973 Directories. I have no 1974 Directory. In 1975 #17422 is assigned to Edward and Emma Burner of Fullerton, CA. The Burners are last listed in the 1981 Directory, same city, no caravans.

#17422 is then unassigned from 1982 to 1984. In 1985 & 1986, #17422 is assigned to George Hampton and Ann Rounthwaite of Lehigh Acres, FL, no caravans. #17422 has been unassigned since 1987.

I would guess that since you are in California, there is a good chance that the Burners may have also owned your trailer, if the Gilbreaths sold it before moving to Oregon. I suspect that the Rounthwaites did not own it, because they were located in Florida. That's all I got.

Enjoy your Airstream!
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #55
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,233
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
We have had WBCCI Number 3628 on Lucy for the last five years. If a member out there has and old WBCCI Directory from the 50's or 60's, I would love to know who had Lucy's 3628 originally, and where their home base was.

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
3628 in the 1064 directory was assigned to Harry and Ethel Steuernagel, from Hartford, Conn. no caravans were listed.
#3628 was first assigned in 1960, when it was assigned to Harry & Ethel Steurnagel of East Hartford, Conn. They are last listed in my 1966 Directory. I have no 1967 Directory, but in 1968 #3628 is assigned to Clarence and Mary Conrad of New Florence, PA. In 1969 the number is unlisted, but in 1970 it is assigned to V.L.J. & Ellen Di Rito of Dayton, OH. The Di Ritos are still listed in my 1973 Directory (no 1974 Directory), but the number is unassigned in my 1975 Directory. #3628 is next assigned in the 1980 Directory to Malcolm & Eleanor Sellers of Stouffville, Ont, Canada. I did not check after that, but I'll bet the number has been reassigned more since then.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member
 
kevinb's Avatar
 
1968 24' Tradewind
1959 17' Pacer
Vintage Kin Owner
holly springs , Georgia
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 405
Joe
Can you help me with this ugly duckling #21309 on a 64 tradewind she actually looks a little better now.
Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0011.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	116624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	116625  

__________________

kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wbcci number


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WBCCI Numbers Cracker WBCCI Forum 22 06-03-2012 10:05 PM
Inherited WBCCI Numbers - Info Please? :) krikles WBCCI Forum 6 10-16-2007 10:16 AM
WBCCI Numbers Devoman WBCCI Forum 2 03-20-2007 01:28 PM
How do I do WBCCI Numbers ??? briandeacon WBCCI Forum 12 05-21-2004 11:49 AM
WBCCI Numbers TOM CRUMP WBCCI Forum 7 10-20-2003 06:47 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.