Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Blairstown , New Jersey
Flat Glass Size

I've sold a front window from a 1968 Sovereign I'm parting out, and the man who bought it says that it is one inch short in his '66 Ambassador. Does anyone know if the front (and rear probably) window frames changed in size in 1968, causing the glass to be short? Given what Inland RV sells, I'd suspect all the curved Corning glass trailers to have the same size windows, whether curved or flat. Only the width would vary. Or at least that's what I thought.

Wayne
rasmuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmuw View Post
I've sold a front window from a 1968 Sovereign I'm parting out, and the man who bought it says that it is one inch short in his '66 Ambassador. Does anyone know if the front (and rear probably) window frames changed in size in 1968, causing the glass to be short? Given what Inland RV sells, I'd suspect all the curved Corning glass trailers to have the same size windows, whether curved or flat. Only the width would vary. Or at least that's what I thought.

Wayne
The large curver glass and the front and rear glass are the same dimensions for 66, 67 and 68 trailers.

They are 39 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches tall.

The other curved sizes are 29 inches and 18 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches tall.

There never was any other sizes except those above.

However, someone coul;d have had a flat window made.

Ask for the "BUG" id, that's the imprinting in the glass.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Sounds like the purchaser may be missing some pieces to install your window. That, or his window frame has been altered in some way.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
The large curver glass and the front and rear glass are the same dimensions for 66, 67 and 68 trailers.

They are 39 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches tall.

The other curved sizes are 29 inches and 18 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches tall.

There never was any other sizes except those above.

However, someone coul;d have had a flat window made.

Ask for the "BUG" id, that's the imprinting in the glass.

Andy
CORRECTION

The above stated 18 inch 66, 67 and 68 window, never existed.

Typo's happen, unfortunately.

The correct widths are 39 inches, 29 inches and 17 inches.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Blairstown , New Jersey
Flat Glass Size

I was able to visit the trailer of the man who bought the glass. He is missing the inside piece of the hinge, so the glass should fit if he is able to find the proper piece.

Thanks for all your input.

Wayne
Old 04-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Oakland , California
Broken Stack Window Repair 4 Dummies Please

Ive had my '68 for less than a year. I do like fixing it up. Im glad to be part of this awesome culture. I have gotten lots of great advice so far and want to say thanks in advance.

I need some help replacing a broken stack window. I got all the broken glass out and popped off (by mistake) one of the interior side holders while taking off the rubber trim that was held on with parabond (?) at the corners.

This is as far as I got.

Do i remove the bottom piece that the glass was resting on and the other interior side piece (that i didn't rip off)? Where can I get the glass? Specs on glass exact size and composition? How clean do the holding pieces need to be? How do I clean them?

AND how do i put it in place? What are the step by step instructions for this procedure?

This probably has been answered before, but I have had no luck in finding it (videos or steps).

Anything advice would be AWESOME.

Ill be weed-whipping a little more careful next time... DOH! [IMG]

[/IMG]

algebrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Blairstown , New Jersey
I don't know what you mean by a "stack" window. Your pictures aren't available for some reason and they might explain what the window is. Is this the fixed window underneath the curved glass windows in the living room/kitchen part of the trailer?

Wayne