Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2004, 06:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Jinks

Hahahaha
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

interesting

The dealer who looked at it seemed most interested in the line that "MHMA Registration Number '00000806'" (not right number I don't think, I would have to go check) that is engraved on the plaque...do they all have number engraved on them? the plaque on this trailer is oval....seems to be the right organization though...cool
61 tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:47 AM   #23
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
'61 -
Any new photos or stories to share? Thought I would resurrect this old thread. Surely you can post some more by now.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #24
Somewhere between NY & LA

What a beautiful trailer, and an interesting story.

Long Island trailer owners must be an exeptionally attentive lot. I found my little Globetrotter on Long Island with a similar history.

The guy I bought it from had purchased it from the origional owner. He said he "kept meaning to use it" just never did. It sat in his back yard, fully winterized, like a little time capsule for around 20 years.

The paperwork I found was amazing. I guess back then (63) they didn't have owners manuals, but instead a series of colored pages beginning with "Dear Airstream Owner" that dealt with all the systems, interior & exterior care, even backing up and digging a "gopher hole." All these say "issued 11-6-58 rev. 1, 11-30-62."

In addition to the guarantee in the closet door, the document pamphlet also included a crisp, signed Lifetime Warrantee.

I found like-new origional owners manuals for: the Kelsey Hayes brakes & breakaway switch, the Tappan Range, the Carleson Furnace and the Bowen Water Heater. These came in handy as I was trying to get everything working.

There were also all kinds of period tools, parts, knick-knacks & doo-dads in the drawers. I saved it all.

I also have that MHMA badge riveted by the door, right under the Globetrotter plate.

All I had to do was give it a good scrubbing and do the usual stuff.

I did replace the bathroom floor. It was not structurally unsound, the masochist in me just needed a project!

I'd love to see some interior photos of your rig.

1963 Globetrotter
Photos at: https://community.webshots.com/user/lotek112
Lotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #25

Hi All! This is Boop'Sea, new to the forum. We are in love with our new baby, Boop'Sea, lovingly named after Betty Boop, and the Sea, which we are so fond of. We have tons of questions, and you will be hearing from us often. Our Boop' Sea is a 1958 Tradewind or Overlander, still trying to find out about her hx, etc. She's about a month old in our loving arms. I am a travel nurse living in her in Panama City Beach Florida. Want to hear from all of you Bye! Boop'Sea
Boop'Sea is offline   Reply With Quote