Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2004, 08:52 PM   #1
revbec

1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
Lightbulb and the moon and the stars too

I have a wish- to find a Tradewind from the '60's to 1970 with center twins that could become bunk beds- and a front dinette- and a floor with no rotting and good wiring and replaced refer and A/C and in need of upholstery and a polish and TLC and family camping; located on the West Coast, close to WA; and while I am at it should I get a lottery ticket?
I have traveled to check trailers posted on e bay and have been disappointed.
Please advise or sympathize!
RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Success is a result, not a goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch parkins
I have a wish- to find a Tradewind from the '60's to 1970 with center twins that could become bunk beds- and a front dinette- and a floor with no rotting and good wiring and replaced refer and A/C and in need of upholstery and a polish and TLC and family camping; located on the West Coast, close to WA; and while I am at it should I get a lottery ticket?
I have traveled to check trailers posted on e bay and have been disappointed.
Please advise or sympathize!
You are being to specific in your wishes, while I could find what you are looking for in a week or two, I dont think I could find it exactly as you wish, A replaced fridge and A/C? why not just a fridge and A/C in good working order? Also since I am so far away I could not be close to WA and I am sorry we dont have Lottery here.

Do not give up, set realistic wants and be willing to flex or bend when you find a trailer you like that doesnt fit your wish list exactly, Also there is a huge difference between the years you want 60's to 70, while I am with you as why you want to stop at 70, have you set your mind on old (pre 69) or new (69+)? Why just limit yourself to Tradewind? how about Safari or Overlander?
If you are diligent in your search you will find the perfect unit for you, Patiance, money, and remembering the saying "He who hesitates is lost" Will get you where you want to be.
Ask everyone you meet, "Hey Do you know where I can find an Airstream?"
be annoying, do not give up, get the disease, and your Airstream will come to you!
Best wishes
Richardt
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hi, I assume you've seen this Tradewind with bunks at Vintage Campers.com

http://units.vintagecampers.com/details.php?id=20

Sometimes you have to go a ways to get exactly what you want, especially if you have special needs. I know people who've bought trailers from this guy and hauled them all the way home to the west coast.

Otherwise you may have to be a little flexable. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted while I was shopping, but then I found something else and I'm just as happy.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
For Sale, New Hampshire. '78 Airstream Safari Trailer, 23' Renovated w/all new appliances, running gear, furnance, water heater. Sleeps 2. 60 gallon propane. 50 gallon water, large bathroom/shower, dual battery system.
Over $8,000 invested, sell for $6,995. call XXX-XXXX..
I'm not selling this, nor do I have any interest in it but..
if someone is interested in buying this..I could connect you with the person who is.
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:45 AM   #5

Butch,

I am currently redoing a 1962 Tradewind, it has the original propane fridge and it works fine, however, it doesn't have Airconditioning (that can be added easily, it's just money). It's very unusual as it has original Airstream bunkbeds, two sets in the center, over the twin beds so it sleeps four there and two up front on the gaucho sofa, so six total. I have had custom mattresses made for all of the beds (new and still in plastic) and the sofa is being rebuilt and newly covered. It has the original hot water heater with the huge tank (it needs it to shower 6 people). It is able to boondock, all systems are working, 110 and 12v. This TW will be ready to camp all the way home, it comes with dishes, sheets, comforters, towels, you name it. It is retro in some ways (round front fridge) original fixtures, but some things weren't able to be repaired and had to be replaced (I kept them and will give them with the sale to the new owners). I will be putting it up for sale when I'm done, if you're interested, please contact me at Sweetbeee@aol.com.

Bebe
sweetbeee is offline   Reply With Quote