Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1959-69 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Smile '66 Tradewind tanks

I am EAGERLY watching an ebay sale of a 66 Tradewind, hoping that I am the lucky winner and happy new owner. I have been looking all over but cannot find out what the water arrangement is on this rig. Does it have a black and a gray tank? No such luck?

I won't ask all the other questions til I see if I win!

Thanks all in advance,

Hopeful Penguin
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
I am EAGERLY watching an ebay sale of a 66 Tradewind, hoping that I am the lucky winner and happy new owner. I have been looking all over but cannot find out what the water arrangement is on this rig. Does it have a black and a gray tank? No such luck?

I won't ask all the other questions til I see if I win!

Thanks all in advance,

Hopeful Penguin
not likely...unless the PO retrofitted one...which you could find out by e-mailing the seller, I'll bet. actually, if it had one, it would probably be mentioned in the ad.

first year for factory grey tanks was 1974.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Originally, a '66 would have had a black water tank but not grey. One may have been retrofit, but it's not likely, especially if it's not listed in the auction listing.

Chuck's right, you SHOULD email the seller prior with all your questions prior to bidding...ebay can be a scary place to by a vintage trailer.Some sellers are very reputable...others

Buyer Beware!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

OK, I DID email the seller with several questions, including one about a spare tire/wheel, because I don't see one in the photos.

BUT the seller didn't write back (I wrote the seller Monday). Is that a red flag? I am "being advised" on this ebay activity by a coworker because I've never bought or sold anything this way before.

The photos are really nice!

I am open to opinions. I have looked at many rigs both online and in person and my price limit for this one is $6,000 because I will be REAL interested in new axles right away. But with all systems working, if I had to replace the axles and get a bed my husband can sleep on and then not HAVE to do anything before we can start enjoying it, that would be good.

Listen to me rationalizing myself about this ebay sale!
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
If its the one I'm looking at on e-bay right now, then yeah, it DOES look nice. the one in Charlotte? its not that far away from you...why not go look at it? kick the tires, etc.

I don't know enough about "e-baying" to say, but if it were me trying to sell something, I'd be returning e-mails promptly.

I'm wondering if it had the axles replaced already...hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like there's plenty of wheel showing, which would indicate that the axles are in good shape. But I wouldn't draw any conclusions until I saw the torsion arms "in person".
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote