Old 05-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #365
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
Thanks, Marcus! Yeah, the problem with the standing in the frame shot is that you aren't really sure at that point that you're actually going to finish. At least when the water's running you can be pretty sure the finish is coming.

-steve
It is great to see trailers like yours Steve, it has to feel good to turn things on for the first time! I still wonder if our cruiser will ever be done.

http://tinman54.blogspot.com/
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #366
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Port Hadlock , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman54 View Post
I still wonder if our cruiser will ever be done.
I have absolutely no doubt about that, Doug! And you've got so much really cool stuff going in yours--I like.

We moved aboard our boat in 1988. It has a refrigerator, but no freezer. Pam and I both like ice cream (like it too much ). When we were off cruising, after a long passage, we'd go ashore with our passports and boat papers to clear in and as soon as that was done we wanted ice cream. Always took two spoons with us, so as soon as we found a store we'd buy some and open it up right away and eat it all.

So, we haven't been able to have ice cream where we live since '88. It's still one of the few things left that Pam eats well and we've continued to do it about the same way--buy a pint and head to the trailer to eat it. But yesterday I put two half gallon containers (coffee and vanilla bean) in the trailer fridge. Today they are still frozen and I am a happy boy.

cheers,
steve

Blog: My 57 Caravanner
pbearsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #367
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
I have absolutely no doubt about that, Doug! And you've got so much really cool stuff going in yours--I like.

We moved aboard our boat in 1988. It has a refrigerator, but no freezer. Pam and I both like ice cream (like it too much ). When we were off cruising, after a long passage, we'd go ashore with our passports and boat papers to clear in and as soon as that was done we wanted ice cream. Always took two spoons with us, so as soon as we found a store we'd buy some and open it up right away and eat it all.

So, we haven't been able to have ice cream where we live since '88. It's still one of the few things left that Pam eats well and we've continued to do it about the same way--buy a pint and head to the trailer to eat it. But yesterday I put two half gallon containers (coffee and vanilla bean) in the trailer fridge. Today they are still frozen and I am a happy boy.

cheers,
steve
Steve,

I guess you would be happy. That's a long time to go without ice cream available. Hopefully your new situation won't do you in - pound wise that is. Everything sure is looking nice and it's such a pleasure to read your posts - especially in regards to Pam and your care and concern for her daily needs. Not everyone is capable of handling that knid of situation with such a great attitude, and I just want you to know - I appreciate you!

Regards,
Carol
Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #368
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Thanks for the kind words, Carol. I always hesitate when I deviate from pure Airstream stuff here, but it's all tied together for me and doesn't always separate very well. It's not just about rivets.

-steve

Old 06-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #369
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, Carol. I always hesitate when I deviate from pure Airstream stuff here, but it's all tied together for me and doesn't always separate very well. It's not just about rivets.

-steve
Don't hesitate Steve - it's definately about more than rivets for me.

Carol
Old 06-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #370
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Steve - I've said it before & I'll proudly say it again - YOU ROCK!! Both for the beautiful restoration work you've done on your Airstream but also for the loving attention you continue to show your wife. Caregiving is one of the most difficult things we can take on - I know, I did it for 4 years!! Yet you've included your wife in your AS passion as much as you have been able to. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you & hope to meet up one day - if my '54 Cruiser ever gets finished that is.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #371
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Yea, running water! I have that same faucet but it leaks from the rubber thingy. X tried to fix it with some silicone to no avail. I tied a string around it so now it drips in the sink instead of the counter. It is on the list of things to replace...
Glad you two are getting some ice cream! I have been into this stuff called Coconut Bliss, since I am off dairy for now. They have a coffee flavor.
take care,
Pink
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #372
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Thanks Carol and Jim and Pink!

I do know you understand, Jim. I'll bet we manage to meet up down the road somday, hope so.

Yesterday the whole Hospice crew arrived at the trailer for a group picture with their good friend Pam. Hats were required and I am very lucky that the camera managed to cut off the top half of mine (not my normal baseball cap). Excuse the swirls on the trailer--polish is progressing.

cheers,
steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hospice.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	131542  

Old 06-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #373
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Quote:
Thanks Carol and Jim and Pink!

I do know you understand, Jim. I'll bet we manage to meet up down the road somday, hope so.

Yesterday the whole Hospice crew arrived at the trailer for a group picture with their good friend Pam. Hats were required and I am very lucky that the camera managed to cut off the top half of mine (not my normal baseball cap). Excuse the swirls on the trailer--polish is progressing.

cheers,
steve
Very nice Steve, wishing you and Pam all the best! And all the ice cream you can fit in a camper freezer.
Doug

http://tinman54.blogspot.com/
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #374
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
That's a great photo Steve!
Marc
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #375
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Thanks Doug and Marc.

Marc, that pic was taken with the self timer using my Workmate as a tripod (quadpod?) and a penny for a shim.

-steve

Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #376
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Island Girl Ceases Being My Shop

Since my subfloor has epoxy and a layer of fiberglass cloth on it, I've not needed to be careful with it and the trailer and its subfoor have been my shop for a couple of years. That ended today and I will now have to be careful.

Pam has bunches of bears, but mostly Pandas, so their preference dictated the Bamboo floor. It was fitted around the cabinets as opposed to under mainly so I could replace it later if bad things happen to it.

It went in easily in a couple of work days, even with all the fitting. Still have the moulding yet to go, but that should be pretty simple. Shouldn't have been in hindsight, but I was surprised by the amount of waste. I'd gotten three boxes and figured I'd barely use more than two, but there are only 5 or 6 full pieces left and a lot of cutoffs thrown away.

I'm afraid to walk on it now, but I'm hoping that feeling goes away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000097.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	133468   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000095.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	133469  

Name:	P1000094.JPG