Old 12-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Unknown Pacer?

Does anyone know who currently owns or who rebuilt this '59 Pacer on the Vintage Airstream photo archives?

59Pacer_SS9327

The look of the sofa, with different colors in mind, is exactly what I was going for in my head. I'm looking to see more pictures of the trailer and possibly more detail.

Any ideas?

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
It has some interesting features. I like the interior generally. I would like to see better photos of the globe/grill fixtures on the wall. They look like early Econoline headlight grills with globe pieces over the headlight area.

You're right, better photos would be nice.

Still, I find a trailer with a built-on gas grill and no propane tanks strange somehow.

Of course, I find RVs without propane tanks strange anyway. Except for Smokeless Joe's diesel conversion.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Still, I find a trailer with a built-on gas grill and no propane tanks strange somehow.
Funny you mention that. I mus have looked at those photos 25 times before, and it wasn't until this morning that I noticed the tanks were missing. My only thought was that they might be horizontal forklift ones hidden somewhere. Or in that "storage" box below the mounted battery box.

Those globes and the curtains are a little too much for me. Otherwise it is just at my limit of color and ....happiness...or whatever you call that. Just personal taste thought, still excellent attention to detail.

I mainly like the cushion and table design, but would need to make a way to convert it to a bed easily, without big humps in the cushion puzzle mattress. My best attempt would probably be to make the table completely removable and not a part of the bed, but have one side slide-out to the center.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldinchaos View Post

Those globes and the curtains are a little too much for me. Otherwise it is just at my limit of color and ....happiness...or whatever you call that. Just personal taste thought, still excellent attention to detail.
I agree. They won't be showing up in my trailer, either. I can admire a clever bit of re-purposing and clever design, but it's a bit much for my personal taste too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldinchaos View Post
I mainly like the cushion and table design, but would need to make a way to convert it to a bed easily, without big humps in the cushion puzzle mattress. My best attempt would probably be to make the table completely removable and not a part of the bed, but have one side slide-out to the center.
I do like the design of the seating very much, other than all the little pillows. I'd probably go with more restrained colors, though. Some of it is that I never have been fond of orange. Just a personal thing.

I really like the table. It allows good traffic flow, and its shape makes a great design element.