Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Woodridge , Illinois
Pacer Persons

Any Pacer owners out there? Anyone looking to sell? If so, please contact me, as I am looking to buy. Thanks Pat

IronGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Doubt if you mean an AMC Pacer, but I did see a green one about a 1975 Christmas day. It looked brand new. Later that day saw it going down the road.

I did look at six pages of results for Pacer on Google and could find nothing that looked more pertinent, though.

Good luck on your search for a Pacer. It does appear that they are unusual.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1960 17' Pacer
1985 25' Sovereign
St Francis , Wisconsin
I own a 1960 Pacer but have no intentions on selling. I do know there is one for sale in Minnesota. See the link below. It is the same model as the one I have, pretty rare.

1960 Airstream "Pacer" 16 ft.
leeasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeasu View Post
I own a 1960 Pacer but have no intentions on selling. I do know there is one for sale in Minnesota. See the link below. It is the same model as the one I have, pretty rare.

1960 Airstream "Pacer" 16 ft.
Leeasu,

Your avatar caught my attention since I also have an FJ as my tow vehicle, and a Pacer as my Airstream. Mine is a '59 Ohio 18 footer but tows just as easily as you mention on the other thread.

Anyway, I thought I would get the conversation going here instead of in a private message because it would apply to any Pacer owners: I saw you discussing electrical systems -- did you ever do a restoration/renovation and if so, what did you select for the electrical 110V/12V changes? I am just curious because if you have something already put together on how you set-up the lighting, where you placed the equipment, etc. it would be very useful to know before I start planning everything.

Thanks!

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
This may be helpful

Look for lucymcdog thread on trailer wiring. She did a complete upgrade on her 20 footer with help from members here. With no prior experience. she did an amazing job. Be prepared for a long detailed read.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Look for lucymcdog thread on trailer wiring. She did a complete upgrade on her 20 footer with help from members here. With no prior experience. she did an amazing job. Be prepared for a long detailed read.
Yeah, I went through that entire thread today. That and Steve's thread on his complete restoration. Both long ones. I've also been reading through some of the informational RV threads. I already have a plan of the system I want, I was just interested in seeing what Lee-ASU? did in terms of lighting and systems placement since it will help to determine where I run the cords and such. However, now that I think about it, I just got a really good idea for the systems panels and such based on my new floorplan. Oh man the cogs are spinning.

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1960 17' Pacer
1985 25' Sovereign
St Francis , Wisconsin
I have installed my 12V system. I ended up getting a Progressive Dynamics 9245: 45 Amp Converter from Vintage Trailer Supply and installed it under the dinette I installed at the front of the trailer. I mounted a marine battery on the tongue so that it could be configured to trickle charge when I am towing the trailer. I ended up adding three 12V lights to the interior, one single light above the sink, a dual light above the stove and small counter and one reading light near the head of the bed.

All of my wiring I was able to run unexposed. The toughest run was from my refrigerator to the small cabinets over the cook top. With two windows and only a small area to run the wires between them, I was able to remove part of the casing of one of the windows and fish the wire from the floor up to the cabinet. I dont have any pictures but can at some point run to the storage unit and snap a few to show the installation in its entirety.

Its great to see another FJ/Pacer combo, any pics??

Definitely willing to help, keep the questions coming!

Matt
Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Cool. Sounds pretty similar to my current plan, but every time I start searching things the list (and cost) just grows.

Speaking of FJ/Pacer combo, did you end up adding airlift bags to the rear springs, or just stick with a weight distributing hitch, or both?

And yeah, unfortunately no pictures yet of them both, but soon enough there will be.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Don't over do it

FJ is a Toyota correct? I would check to see what Toyota recommends and what is the capacity of your hitch. I can't imagine that the tongue weight would exceed 300#s on your rig.
I have read that weight distibution systems and air bags don't mix. I don't think you will need anything more than anti sway and brakes of course.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
FJ Cruisers are beefier than the other Toyota "SUV"s and have 500lb tongue weight/ 5000lb towing capacity. They also have a 3.72 ratio on front and rear axles (3.9 i think if you get the manual). The only thing I would consider if I had something larger (or newer, i.e. heavier) than a Pacer would be a Tranny cooler. From the FJ forums, only a few people put them on and mainly if they are towing regularly or towing 4000# or more.

That's good to know about the WDH not mixing with airlift bags.

The reason I am doing the airlift bags is I have installed previously a leveling kit in the front of the FJ to take out the stock rabbit stance and give enough clearance for slightly wider tires without rub. However, this makes the back end dip a little much when I tow. Most of the FJ owners put in airlift bags to tow, but it seems like a lot of people on these forums use WDH's so I wanted to see about doing both....

Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1960 17' Pacer
1985 25' Sovereign
St Francis , Wisconsin
I dont have airlift bags or a WDH and it has been towing great the last two seasons. Though, I did just get a Tundra that I will use as my primary tow vehicle, still have the FJ though!!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #12

1959 17' Pacer
Dallas , Texas
I have one in great original condition. Dallas Texas.
Mikus517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
For Sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus517 View Post
I have one in great original condition. Dallas Texas.
Is this one for sale? Inquiring minds want to know.
Sandy
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #14

1959 17' Pacer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND10CentCan View Post

Is this one for sale? Inquiring minds want to know.
Sandy
Yes it is. $9,200

Mikus517 is offline   Reply With Quote