Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1960 - 1964 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
My city water inlet and freshwater tank fill inlet are in the same compartment, just ahead of and above the streetside wheels. If that placement works okay for you, then I'd say there's no need to change.

Do you know where your freshwater tank fill is? If you're planning on having a frreshwater tank at the front, under the dinette bench (at least I think that's what your drawing is indicating if I'm reading correctly) then you will want the fill to be as close to that as possible.

For gray water, I'd recommend slinging a tank under the floor, within the frame rails, close to the axles and also close to the black water drain. I did this on a trailer similar to yours, so feel free to check my thread or blog linked below for details (I can't take credit for the design, I blatantly ripped of Frank aka 62Overlander).
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #82
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo&Susan View Post
snip...Is this a pressure reg thats on it? Is it too out dated should we change it? Also do you happen to have kept your electracal layout? If so would you mind if we used it as a guide or can you suggest a place for us to look. We intend to use shore, 12volt and generater when we need to. Once again thankyou. Susan
I don't think that's a water pressure regulator. Hard to tell from the backside but that looks like a water fill for the fresh water tank. What's the other side look like? A pressure regulator is quite inexpensive and I recommend getting a new one just for the piece of mind knowing its new and should perform flawlessly. The pressure regulator goes on the city water supply when hooking up to a hose and not for the filling of the water tank, two separate things entirely.

I agree with Marcus on the water fill spout, Keep it close to the fresh water tank.

I'll search my computer for the 12 volt wiring diagram but it will be specific to my trailer. It may be of some help to you though.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #83
Rivet Master

In looking at my wiring I found that it was in almost perfect condition, so I kept all of it in place with the exception of two wires that were damaged. I added a few circuits to accomodate things I intend to add as I go forward, like a tv/dvd, and speaker wires. I also added a four-wire romex that goes all the way around the Safari, just above the windows, in case I want to add unforseen things in the future. I replaced all of the wirenuts on the existing wiring for my own peace of mind, as well.
If you already have a water pressure regulator you can test it easily enough, but it's not usually necessary to replace it unless its not working. When they go bad they usually stop supplying water, rather than supplying too much pressure, which could damage your plumbing, and floor, etc, etc. They are a little pricey!

Best to you,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
110,12v rewire.

Bonnie is now the proud owner of new wiring. We checked 12v tonight and it all worked. Tomorrow evening we,ll put breakers in new panel and test it. I,ll post pics of wiring tomorrow. The youngest son rebuilt the front window and installed it tonight but it was too dark to take pictures by the time he finished so I,ll post them later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonnie 082.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	96934  
Bo&Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
Talking Light fixture.

AT LAST!!!! I,d thought to give up on this piece several times but found Citristrip in Wally World and it did the trick. The aircraft stripper just wouldn,t budge the last coat of paint. This is after one round with polish, I think a couple more will do it. then I,ll start on the knobs from the front and kitchen overheads. These smaller pieces I keep in the house and work on them as time permits. Susan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonnie 047.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	96935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonnie 083.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	96936  

Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Why are some pictures coming thru to me? But others do not? Trying to follow this thread and enjoy the pictures, but I am at a loss at why some pics show but others dont. This is not the only thread that I have been having trouble with.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #87
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
Why are some pictures coming thru to me? But others do not? Trying to follow this thread and enjoy the pictures, but I am at a loss at why some pics show but others dont. This is not the only thread that I have been having trouble with.
I,m sorry I,m afraid I,m not real good with computors. I always post our pictures the same way each time so not sure why you would get some and not others. I would ask the question in a new thread and someone will answer you. Thanks for following our thread and I hope you get the problem regards pics sorted. Susan.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo&Susan View Post
AT LAST!!!! I,d thought to give up on this piece several times but found Citristrip in Wally World and it did the trick. The aircraft stripper just wouldn,t budge the last coat of paint. This is after one round with polish, I think a couple more will do it. then I,ll start on the knobs from the front and kitchen overheads. These smaller pieces I keep in the house and work on them as time permits. Susan.
Heh! I had the exact opposite problem with my identical overhead light. The Cirtistrip easily cut through the multiple layers of thick, latex house paint, but couldn't touch the original thin, baked-on enamel coating. I spent a couple of hours working with the Citristrip, but the Aircraft Remover took most of it off in under 30 seconds.

Here's what it looks like polished and installed in the bedroom of my Overlander:

utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #89
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
Wow! That looks great. Hope ours looks as good installed. Susan