Old 12-30-2015, 09:38 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Looking at it again, I think you might be right IONA instead of IONIA. There is an IONA, PA east of Harrisburg, which would not be too far from Village Green, PA if that truely was where the trailer was sold new.

BUT . . . the big discovery might be that there may have been a trailer dealer using the name "Travel Trailer Center" in Iona, NJ in April & May 1960! That dealer would not be very far from Villiage Green, PA. See the attached newspaper snips from the April 20, 1960 and May 1, 1960 Philidelphia Inquirer, which also shows that Villiage Green Trailer Sales was still an Airstream Dealer at that time as well.

There are more of these newspapers from various dates available thru fultonhistory.com if you want to search for them. I am just providing two snips:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Philidelphia Inquirer Trailer Dealer Ads April 20 1960.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	254829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Philidelphia Inquirer Trailer Dealer May 1 1960.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	254830  

WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' World Traveler
Attalla , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Hi Little Flo,
I just discovered this posting. Very interesting. The S/N and Warranty document confirm this is one of the reported 4 World Travelers built in Ohio in 1958. It seems that at least 10 total WTs were built between 1957 and 1960. With yours, I have now seen photos of at least 8 of the 10, and have heard that at least one more might still exist.

I would love to find out more about yours? Have you made any progress on the restoration? Are there any ghost outlines of old big red WBCCI numbers above the front and rear windows? They might be very faint and there could be signs of multiple numbers being applied over the years. If there are any numbers, we might be able to make some educated guesses on past owners and possible caravan history by looking the numbers up in old WBCCI Membership Directories. Let me know if you want to do this either by posting a response or sending me a private message.
I spoke with you on thu fb earlier tnight and I am sending you an email. Just posting here so you would be familier with this post an know it's the same trailer. Thanks.

Little Flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1958, world traveler

« - | Top | - »