Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old

Smooth ride!

Posted 08-31-2012 at 01:02 AM by DKB_SATX
Updated 09-02-2012 at 11:36 PM by DKB_SATX (add categories)

So, on to the reason il Carriaggio was in the shop in the first place, the axles! Here you see the stiff old axles removed.

I've read a lot on various threads about how people feel that quality (and quality control) has gone down at Airstream. Technically my trailer doesn't say anything about Airstream in 1975 since it was built at Versailles rather than Jackson...
Old

Axles and tires and bubbles

Posted 08-30-2012 at 12:11 AM by DKB_SATX
Tags axles, leaks, tires

Note: As I was writing this, it got a bit long, so I'm going to break it into 2 posts, one describing the condition of my Argosy before these upgrades, and another detailing the work itself.

So, while I was installing my new BAL stabilizers a few months ago, I lifted the trailer up and could no longer live in denial of the need for new axles for il Carriaggio. It was clear that the axles barely moved at all when I took the load off them, which I had kinda suspected from watching...
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.