Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Jasper Day 2

Posted 08-17-2014 at 08:49 PM by silverlabs

This day we spent exploring Jasper National Park. We had a knew outlook on the road construction between Jasper and Valemount.

We don't have satellite so we have been at the mercy of cable or antennae offerings. It hasn't been bad and we landed on a show called Highway thru Hell. It is about big rig wrecker drivers who work along a certain highway in Canada.

Anywho, in one of the episodes they show the road construction crews working. They have two guys hanging...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0541.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	4209   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0568.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	4210  

Name:	DSCN0537.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	4211  
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the slow Lane - Jasper National Park, Alberta, CA

Posted 08-16-2014 at 09:45 PM by silverlabs

Our itinerary routed us through the Ice Fields Parkway en route to Jasper National Forest. We started out early because we didn't know what the roads would be like and how long it would really take us to get there.

The Icefields Parkway did not disappoint! We stopped in several places to take pictures. I do wish I could get them to post! We passed seven, I think, glaciers along the way. The roads were good and the inclines were not too steep for our TV and Lucille followed behind...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	4206   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	4207  

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	4208  
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Calgary/Cochrane, Alberta, CA

Posted 08-10-2014 at 07:19 PM by silverlabs

Itís border crossing day!! Today we got an early start because we didnít know what we would face when we got to the border. Let me explainÖ.

First off, we are crossing with two dogs. I had all of their paperwork in order. One dog, Darci, likes to bark at people that walk up to the car or walk past it so we (actually me) were really worried that she might not behave herself and annoy the border agent.

Secondly, we had heard all sorts of stories about border crossings...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	4205  
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Calgary/Cochrane, Alberta, CA

Posted 08-10-2014 at 07:11 PM by silverlabs

Calgary Ė Cochrane

Itís border crossing day!! Today we got an early start because we didnít know what we would face when we got to the border. Let me explainÖ.

First off, we are crossing with two dogs. I had all of their paperwork in order. One dog, Darci, likes to bark at people that walk up to the car or walk past it so we (actually me) were really worried that she might not behave herself and annoy the border agent.

Secondly, we had heard all...
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Old

Life in the Slow Lane - Great Falls, MT

Posted 08-10-2014 at 06:31 PM by silverlabs

I am still in catch up mode, unfortunately. I will post pics when I get to a place that has free WIFI that actually works. I think pics may be too costly for my intíl data package on the mobile hotspot.

We started out the day with a side trip. We originally planned to drive from Billings to Great Falls, which is only about 3 hours. The hubs had wanted to go to a boot store all along and I thought it was in Billings. It is in Bozeman. It was only an extra 1.5 hours so we headed...
4 Rivet Member
Posted in Travel Blogs
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.