Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs > hotstuff
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

1. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

Best of luck with this project- it looks like a serious one. The 60's models are my personal faves, and deserve rescuing.
  2. Old Comment

Starting on the interior

Oh how i remember this day.
  3. Old Comment

Starting on the interior

I have begun the same journey. any suggestios on taking out the stove and ref? Do you plan to restore the bathroon as well?
  4. Old Comment

Starting on the interior

Did the same to mine! Found rot in the floor that someone had tried to cover up. I have now painted all the interior walls Safety Orange and I'm going to add Florescent Green and Silver stripes on the interior. Do you plan to restore it? Are you going to customize it?
  5. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chowman2011
    Great Choice--Over T.V. and the such!!!
    And How Handy are Ya!?!?

Good for the Soul and the Brain--from a Single Guy Anywho ;-)

Cheers!!
    I am excited! I hope i have good blogging skills. i would rather be working on the rig, not typing about it. But, so far it is really cool. i love the airstream community and all the moral support!
  6. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

"My Vision".

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
    Hi, I can't wait to see your pictures and progress on this trailer. Maybe you should call this trailer "Vision" or "My Vision". Since you had a Vision on what you wanted to have and do to it and because you traded your tele-Vision for it.
    That is hilarious! It will be on the list. Right now my friends call it my, propane tank, lead zeppelin, aluminum pickle, and they call me crazy. We have plenty of time to figure something out....i figure 12 to 16 months
  7. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

Here are the pictures I took in Feb of this year, when it was still sitting in the woods next to the PO's house. This is when we fell in love . And yes, that is roofing tar above all the windows, door, roof seams, and roof rivets. He was missing 6 pieces of glass, and one frame. The rear large window was missing the frame and the glass. The large front window is cracked plexi, and the two front streetside windows are plexi. The two front wing windows are also cracked plexi. There is a small amount of damage to the street side fender well. It looks like a tire blow out dinged it up pretty good. Other than these issues, the exterior is straight and strong. I was not concerned at all with the interior, because I knew that i was gutting it from the very start. Sorry for changing tenses in my description, this is all past tense. i am just trying to catch yall up to speed. So don't be fooled by the speed of my first posts, I am not working with a 10 man crew. It is just little me, and my iphone blaring Pandora.

OK- Need a lesson on how to post pictures on a blog...
  8. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

"My Vision".

Hi, I can't wait to see your pictures and progress on this trailer. Maybe you should call this trailer "Vision" or "My Vision". Since you had a Vision on what you wanted to have and do to it and because you traded your tele-Vision for it.
  9. Old Comment

My 69 Overlander Journey

Great Choice--Over T.V. and the such!!!
    And How Handy are Ya!?!?

Good for the Soul and the Brain--from a Single Guy Anywho ;-)

Cheers!!
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.