Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

1. Old Comment

Vent placement for the new head

Holly, your blog tends to keep matters all in one place. But I wonder if you wouldn't get broader feedback if you posted in the main forums (eg, somewhere in the 'Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures' subforum).

Won't leap ahead and do that for you... The light moderator hand being better, yada-yada...

But I think your principal venting issue would be for the black tank. With that in place you would negate any backflow and negative experiences when you opened the flush valve.

The over-riding issue is that RV toilets do tend to be directly overhead of the black tank. Can you coordinate the toilet, tank & vent to be vertically in the same area? I'd think that a vent shouldn't take any right angle turns up from the black tank. Keep the vent slope at least 3:2 or 4:3.
  2. Old Comment

Sylvia Interior Photos

Sure looks a lot like mine did, Holly. Thanks for sharing the pics.

-steve
  3. Old Comment

Vermont Weekend

Web Album for Interior Photos of Sylvia 07-10:
    Picasa Web Albums - Holly - Sylvia 07-10#
  4. Old Comment

Sylvia

2 Sylivias

Hi Gary,
    No I didn't know you have a Sylvia also, well we will just have to be Sylvia II.
    No, No, No....these guys do the decorating silly!
  5. Old Comment

Sylvia

Interesting profile photo, Holly! Do these guy do polishing?

Did you know that 62' Airstream trailer you toured in that backyard in Maine was also named Sylvia?

Let us know when she arrives so we can check her out.
    Gary
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.