1. Old Comment

Savannah-h-h, GA.

Great blog entry, beautiful pictures - Thanks for sharing. Must have a waffle now....
  2. Old Comment

Savannah-h-h, GA.

Just got back from a trip in that area! We were in Charleston, Hilton Head, Columbia, Greenville and St. Augustine before returning home to south FL. We did NOT like Charleston. I know, everyone went on and on about how great but it was disappointing. We went to Savannah last year and it was neat. Also, we liked Hilton Head and the surprise of all was the Greenville SC area. What a beautiful town.
  3. Old Comment

Does Asheville live up to the hype? Nope. Outdoes it.

yeay! Glad you enjoyed it! We're about an hour from A'ville. Stop by next time you're in town, stay a while!
    Posted 05-29-2013 at 09:05 AM by
  4. Old Comment

Five UTAH National Parks in 16 days.

We're just finishing up a similar trip. Maybe we passed you on the road? In addition to the parks you mentioned, we also saw Natural Bridges and Grand Canyon in 19 days.
  5. Old Comment

Five UTAH National Parks in 16 days.

Wow, very well done. We wouldn't mind doing a very similar trip. Now that it is done, any recommendations?
  6. Old Comment

Into Oregon, just barely. Then Sisters.

Tumalo State Park

If you are still in Sisters the Oregon unit WBCCI is having a rally May 14-16. Come over and say Hi. Teresa
  7. Old Comment

Into the Valley of Death.

im in alabama,and not traveled much in life,,,,reading this and hearing of the graben,and the artists pallete,
    makes me very happy i just got this airstream
  8. Old Comment

"It's so beautiful, it makes me cry."

Wow! We live on the Gulf Coast and just recently got our AS. I've got to get away from the sand/water and see what the rest of our beautiful country looks like! (I do love the beach, though!)
  9. Old Comment

"It's so beautiful, it makes me cry."

Thanks for posting all the info on Canyon de Chelly!
    I'm on my way there via Big Bend. Ed
  10. Old Comment

The High Road to Taos. The low road back. And some disappointments.

All that makes me feel better. (Especially the part about you having fun following our often verbose blog.) Thanks.
  11. Old Comment

The High Road to Taos. The low road back. And some disappointments.

If it makes you feel any better, Taos Pueblo got us too. It was the Festival of San Geronimo, which I will remember for the awkward U-turn it caused me to perform within sight of the Pueblo.

Also, if it's of any interest, Truchas is where R. Redford's "The Milagro Beanfield War" was filmed. Or am I the only one that saw that one...

Great fun to follow along in your trip, and looking forward to whatever comes next.
    Updated 03-27-2010 at 10:41 PM by 65Safari65 (spelleries, spellitude- the spells.)
  12. Old Comment

Santa Fe. Hooray.

I would have rated this entry "excellent" instead of "good", had you not stolen a line from Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally"......but that's OK; I steal material from Rodney Daingerfield every day!
    Posted 03-27-2010 at 04:31 PM by
  13. Old Comment

Santa Fe in a Four-Museum Day.

Great posting...Love Santa Fe, great food, nice folks and lots to see and do. History, sharing the many cultures of the area are what this neck of the woods is about. See you found the Pantry, and mole, enchiladas. Can't wait to go back! Thanks for sharing, enjoy a Green chile burger in Madrid for us...Stream Safe.
  14. Old Comment

Roswell, UFOs and VFC.

Thanks Bill! I missed all that on a trip through last summer.We did find a great Mexican restaurant north on the main drag about 5mi.(Tia Maria's).
    When we finished the great meal(I was wearing a t-shirt with a beer logo) I asked the waitress if it was worthwhile to visit all the mentioned sites.She told me I would be happier using the money for a 6 pack of the beer I was sporting on the t-shirt.

Thanks for filling me in! We did enjoy passing SETI on the way in.Makes one think what might be up there.Steve
  15. Old Comment

Big Bend to Del Rio. Yawner.

Without bumping?? You're pulling our legs!!
  16. Old Comment

Marvelous Marfa.

Glad you liked Marfa. We have old pals who run the glider school out at the airport. If you are ever tempted to do some glider flying, I believe they still have full hook ups sites on the airport grounds...

mike
  17. Old Comment

Great Beginning. Bad ending.

Bill , Thanks for sharing your story and adventures! We are looking forward to getting out that way again. We are searching for a trailer,its a fun adventure! We love it out West and purchased 14 acres of land about 8 miles west of Bisbee last year. Hope to build a off the grid home there or travel with a airstream thru out the west. We have been to the Breafast Club to and loved it! Your little story felt like we were on a mini vacation . Your trailer looks awsome too! GK.
  18. Old Comment

Great Beginning. Bad ending.

I am most certainly relieved.. keep the stories coming, and safe travels.
  19. Old Comment

Thud and Blunder. (Or, Two AS Neophytes Explore the Southwest.)

Good Luck, Godspeed and good health. Looking forward to watching your blog/post.
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.