Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs > dreadydreame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

1. Old Comment

today I hate my airstream

Nutz I actually already have your blog bookmarked for that very info, thanks so much for posting that. It saves us a lot of thought!! thanks
  2. Old Comment

I have posted a repair proceedure for the fridge vent on my blog. It cost a total of $3.69. Check it out at 1966 Safari ( HUGO)

NUTZ
  3. Old Comment

Taking a old frig out is a true pain.
    HEAVY..

The new Dometic for mine was 1k or so at Camping World.

I can not believe how light the new frig's are when compared to the old ones.

Putting everything back together is the real fun....

But, it's worth it...

Good Luck with yours..
  4. Old Comment

I'm all for keeping things in the airstream as original as possible but when the fridge in the '63 safari quit,it had to go.eliminating it opened up the floor space and I just needed that extra breathing room.my use for the '63 is limited to short camping trips so a fridge is not really needed.all I need is a cooler with ice.ice is easy to come by without ever leaving a state or national park.an old fridge can be a pain.of course to some this is heresy .what makes it even worse is I beat it out with a sledge hammer when I could not cut the bolts off the frame.worked up a sweat,felt good actually.not to be dismayed because the goucho went too,along with the furnace that smelled like heck.the previous owner thought it was a good idea to store it for years with the window open.I'll be cutting out half of the floor as well.OK then ,carry on.
  5. Old Comment

update, a little more work done

We are going to have to replace the BR floor too. You just saved us sometime. Keep up the good work!
  6. Old Comment

so much work getting done

You are coming right along. I am impressed! Today we bought a 2001 Silverado 2500. I think we got a great deal. It fit all the numbers and I think we will be able to safely tow just about anything. We wanted to take advantage of the end of the year sale and also have time for me to get use to driving it. Hope you have a Happy Holiday and wonderful New year!
  7. Old Comment

keeping water out! job number 1

What did you do for the door eye brow? Did you make that or purchase that?
  8. Old Comment

started restoration

In relation to renovations, I have a question. I have a 1974 31'....Several years ago the suburban heater 'went out', in fact, it almost blew up on me!!! Needless to say, I had to remove it. I do use the little space heaters, but now that my little niece and nephew will be going places with me in the AS, I am afraid of the little ones either getting burned, tipping over the heaters, or catching the AS on fire. The Suburban heaters cost so much!!! I need to replace the hot water heater too as it is also original and having problems or else I could go out the expense for the heater....
    Does anyone have any suggestions for safer heating of my AS??? Also, I am interested in the waterless hot water system---they are pricey, but are they worth it?? Has anyone else replaced their water heater with a tankless?
  9. Old Comment

keeping water out! job number 1

We got the right cord today so as soon as it dries up a little tomorrow we ae going to try it. Looks like you have been hard at work!
  10. Old Comment

after we got her home

You have a interesting set of pictures..if you plan to remove the interior, you'll find it easiest to do.. in reverse of the original install. In other words, the kitchen will have to come out first then, going backward into the bathroom. It's alittle more work but worth it. You will find lots of help on the forum. Good LUCK~
  11. Old Comment

our new baby

Congrats on your 65 over'.
  12. Old Comment

our new baby

Congratulations! Sounds like us Newbies and an exciting journey ahead. This is a fabulous forum!!!!!!!!!!!
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.