Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

1. Old Comment

Nerdy Camping Gadget

Success with iPhone 4S

Just an update regarding the Biolite Stove and its charging abilities: As (bad) luck would have it, my iPhone 3GS went on the fritz after an unfortunate incident with a spilled glass of water. I upgraded to the iPhone 4S and tested it on the Biolite charger last weekend. Happy to report that it charged with no problems. Still really liking this nerdy stove....
  2. Old Comment

Labor Day Weekend at East Portal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chegard
    love the picture, can you share the name of your Nerdy Camping Gadget you posted earlier? Do you have a source?
    thanks so much
    BioLite product - got it at REI.
  3. Old Comment

love the picture, can you share the name of your Nerdy Camping Gadget you posted earlier? Do you have a source?
    thanks so much
  4. Old Comment

Nerdy Camping Gadget

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chegard
    OK, what is the name of this gadget and the squirrel heard you say squirrel burgers, hence the look of fear on its face. I have moved from angry birds to Candy Crush.
    I bought it at an REI store in Boulder, CO. You can find it online if you search for Biolite or go to their web page (Official BioLite Site | Home of the CampStove - Free Shipping). In the interest of full disclosure - I found it worked better than I expected it would as a camp stove and grill - very efficient, easy to light, fast burning, etc. However, I was not so impressed with its charging capabilities. I couldn't get it to charge my iPhone 3GS. I wrote the company and they gave me some suggestions which I haven't had a chance to try yet. Apparently, though, it works better with the newer iPhones and other devices for which they have a published list (https://www.biolitestove.com/media/Bi...bilityList.PDF)....
  5. Old Comment

Nerdy Camping Gadget

OK, what is the name of this gadget and the squirrel heard you say squirrel burgers, hence the look of fear on its face. I have moved from angry birds to Candy Crush.
  6. Old Comment

Nerdy Camping Gadget

Ha! Nice! Nerds rule. I like that, it's on my wish list now. I didn't notice the squirrel for a minute. Apparently neither did you!!
    Posted 08-19-2013 at 02:43 PM by pinkflamingoes pinkflamingoes is offline
  7. Old Comment

Autumn camping in the Colorado Rockies

OH wow!!!! Those pics put a smile on my face!
    thanks for sharing.
  8. Old Comment
  9. Old Comment

Oh My!!!! Just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures.
  10. Old Comment

Spring Camping in Rocky Mountain National Park

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hellsbay
    Excellent! Great reading and photos on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Thanks
    Thanks Hellsbay! - bocotim
  11. Old Comment

Excellent! Great reading and photos on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Thanks
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by valmog
    I always love your photos. The pines set against the clear blue skies of Colorado are so pretty. We spend a lot of time in the Black Hills of South Dakota, and someday we hope to spend a little time in Colorado as well. Until then, I'll live vicariously through your photos!
    Thanks Valmog! I really enjoy getting out and taking photos of the Colorado scenery, and I feel fortunate if one or two photos turn out well that I can share .
  13. Old Comment

I always love your photos. The pines set against the clear blue skies of Colorado are so pretty. We spend a lot of time in the Black Hills of South Dakota, and someday we hope to spend a little time in Colorado as well. Until then, I'll live vicariously through your photos!
  14. Old Comment

Winter Camping in the Shadow of Pike's Peak

Looks like great fun to me.
  15. Old Comment

Golden Gate State Park, Colorado

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JodyoD
    LOVE your photos!!! you should put the interior shot looking out the front on the March contest page. It is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Jody! I'll check out the photo contest. Tim
  16. Old Comment

Golden Gate State Park, Colorado

LOVE your photos!!! you should put the interior shot looking out the front on the March contest page. It is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
  17. Old Comment

Sometimes the simplest jobs are the hardest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
    Hi, this job can be done with hand tools if you have the right ones; I use a long boxed end wrench on the bolt side and a [half inch drive] deep, six point, impact socket and a long breaker bar on the nut side. Although I do have some adjustable wrenches, I seldom use them.
    Thanks Robert - My tool set is pretty deficient, but I will try this out next time. It is always more satisfying to be able to do simple things like this yourself rather than having to take it into an RV shop.
  18. Old Comment

Sometimes the simplest jobs are the hardest

Hi, this job can be done with hand tools if you have the right ones; I use a long boxed end wrench on the bolt side and a [half inch drive] deep, six point, impact socket and a long breaker bar on the nut side. Although I do have some adjustable wrenches, I seldom use them.
  19. Old Comment

Curt Gowdy State Park, WY

Awesum...we have passed that park twice...each time wondering if we should have stopped...
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.