Welcome to Michelle and Leon's Airstream blog!
We hope to use this space to share our adventures in our 1993 Excella and 1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0.
  1. Old Comment

Even More Scatter Bug Repairs

Where did you get these stabilizers and how much are four of them?
    Thanks

Todd
  2. Old Comment

Getting Ready for the Maritime Holiday Caravan!

CharlieE

Hi Charlie............glad to see that you & Sandi are returning for another year of fun! It wouldn't be a party without you. Your humor & jokes keep us smiling. Look forward to seeing you. What day are you arriving at the campground?

Gail
  3. Old Comment

Cool bike!

Love the pink bike Michelle.......you are really becoming a girly girl. Are you getting bike shorts to match? Hey.....I'm bringing my bike shorts.

Gail
  4. Old Comment

I saw the pink bike and was sure that it wasn't Leon's. We'll see you in PEI. We're leaving on the 5th. to rondexvous with Rich Walbridge's R1Caravan via the Gaspe' then down the New Brunswick coast to the Federation Bridge. CharlieE
  5. Old Comment

More purchases and repairs for Scatter Bug

Yes, how true. There is always something that needs to be repaired or refreshed on both of our trailers.

We are currently in a mad rush to get them both done as we are leaving on the NEU Maritime Discover Caravan in just a few days. It will take magic for us to be completely ready....
  6. Old Comment

More purchases and repairs for Scatter Bug

yeah I just got my 27' 1970 Overlander Saturday...

went into town today and bought a electrical plug converter and when I reached in for the power feed to make sure I'd got the right one.... found it had been cut off three or four feet long....

It's always something.

7. Old Comment

It's Time to Touch up "The Tube"

We touch up the polish once a year. It should be done twice a year. It takes Leon 60 or so hours to bring it down to nearly a "C" level. Which means she looks great from 5 feet away.

Our trailer finish stays pretty nice because she is stored inside the barn unless we are traveling and we wash and wipe her down when we get home. Oh, Leon doesn't drink beer when he's polishing. Just water.
  8. Old Comment

It's Time to Touch up "The Tube"

Ah, the pressing questions, once you make the life changing decision to strip and polish (the Airstream), what is the upkeep? How often does this touch-up need to occur? How long does it take? How much beer?
  9. Old Comment

2008 Quechee VT Balloon Adventure

I think there were 8 to 10 Airstreams. It was a few weeks ago so my memory is fuzzy.
  10. Old Comment

My home town

Wow, I was so glade to read about your group going to the Quechee Balloon Fest. I lived in that area for 35 years and enjoyed every one of the festivals, really brings back some memories. My wife and her grandfather took one of the balloon rides (they crashed in some trees in Royalton) they loved it and it all worked out in the end. I wish I could have been there with you guys.
    Great photos, how many units went with you?
  11. Old Comment

Yes Michelle
    Amazing photos. The three lined up and reflecting on the water.......Wow!
  12. Old Comment

Wow, those are great photos! You should enter the ones with the Airstreams in them into the photo of the month contest (excuse me if you already have).
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.