1. Old Comment

On The Way

Sorry that you took my comments as an insult to Little Rock, The Clintons, or the State Parks. No insult intended. Just rushing to meet our Caravan in ABQ. Thanks for the Chamber of Commerce recommendations. I do Love most Americans I've had the privilege of meeting. I've seen the real Oval Office and the real Resolute desk. I just cannot support the president that made me explain oral sex to my 8 year old, even if it's stopping at his library.
  2. Old Comment

On The Way

You obviously did not spend any time researching Little Rock for things to do. There's a fantastic University and Pioneer Village that teaches a history lesson you'll never forget. The restaurant at the University-Hotel is run by students studying hotel/rest. mgmt. and the food and service are impeccable. The state parks in Arkansas are better and prettier than most Nat'l Parks, and have excellent accomodations and food. And the Clinton library has a great deal to offer, even if not a fan of the Clintons. A simple example is the replica oval office desk made of timbers from the English Ship HMS Resolute, presented as a gift to the U.S. from Queen Victoria. I'm afraid it's a sign of our times that Americans claim to love America but hate Americans.
  3. Old Comment

A visit to The Mother Ship (TMS) - a last minute decision to go

Much easier from East Coast..no doubt

I agree that proximity to TMS is a big part of the go no go and visit before you buy decision. Dealer support is key. I purchased my AS in spite of my local dealer experience. I feel much better now knowing TMS is open to questions and support for my 2000 Safari than the dealer. Can you believe I was on the lot for 45 minutes walking in and out of inventory, asking at the service desk to call a sales person to talk to me ( 2 times the service desk called for a sales person to come to the customer service area). I was pretty put off by that. BUT once I made a connection with the local owners chaper I moved on the AS. This unexpected visit to TMS gave me confidence that AS workers...the people who build these by hand... are proud of what they do and will do what they can to make any AS owner happy. Give the dealer and TMS a chance to do the right thing...IMHO
  4. Old Comment

A visit to The Mother Ship (TMS) - a last minute decision to go

This might be fine for someone that lives on the east coast but not on the West coast.

I don't think I would drive to Detroit to see where my car is built, especially if I expected them to fix something only to tell me to come back four months later and they would take care of it.

Inspect your trailer when you buy it and have faith that you have a good dealer that will take care of you.

Dave
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.