Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
It is all your fault.....

You made me cry! with all your supporting comments - that I grovelled and got down on my hands and knees and begged Peter not to sell my trailer... It worked

Seriously - we, after 6 days of agony just could not go through with it.

I think it was our Bambi, Ms. Sally, who maybe got in touch with Moonbeam and suggested the hostage situation. She knows how every time we're away with her alone we love her all over again and would never part with her.

Besides, every couple needs two Airstreams, don't cha think? That's our goal anyway.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We Can Tow It Pow-Wow

We Can Tow It Pow-Wow
Next weekend we will be having our first We Can Tow It Pow-Wow! Want to get together and try to map out some plans on getting regional Doe tows
together? Michelle (TheCatsandI) will be coming all the way to Michigan to host this pow-wow.

Can't make it this time but have some ideas, let us know.

Summer Solstice Rally (June20-25, 2007)

6 Rivettes currently enrolled for this rally:

*Sharon (GT6921)
*suz (eikel1we)
*Steph (tin sista)
*Carol (wheel interested)
*Vickie Mrs.(Towdaddy)
*Jamie (dougjamie)

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
I think it was our Bambi, Ms. Sally, who maybe got in touch with Moonbeam and suggested the hostage situation. She knows how every time we're away with her alone we love her all over again and would never part with her.

Besides, every couple needs two Airstreams, don't cha think? That's our goal anyway.

-J
Just maybe - if MOONBEAM settles down from her traumatic ordeal I might talk to her about traveling an extra few days and hook up with Ms. Sally. And they can reiterate how their sneaky plans worked....

Thinking of popping down to Boston area hook up with a few massholes we met last year to say hello if they are in town - then travel up with you to the Rivette SSS.

I would then have to hook up With Annie's Marvin in Elkart Indiana for some serious RV surplus furniture shopping Drop off the Hubby and either pick up Annie or maybe we could convince the guys to go their way and we go ours and just meet up with them after the Rivette SSS on the Monday and then carava up to our place for whoever is going that way....

Lots of ideas for some neat hook ups - just have to get intouch with the calendars and maps and see how things can pan out.

But it would be cool seeing Ms. Sally and MoonBeam together.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Just maybe - if MOONBEAM settles down from her traumatic ordeal I might talk to her about traveling an extra few days and hook up with Ms. Sally. And they can reiterate how their sneaky plans worked....
Sharon -- if you can't meet me in Mass., we can meet up at a halfway point that's convenient for both of us. I'll be traveling across New York State, then over through Canada to Michigan.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #25
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Update on solstice rally, date but location tbd

Hi all,
Just acting as secretary reporting the minutes of the rivette emails on the subject of the solstice rally.
Since we last posted here the rally location changed as Jamie decided not to attend the seminar in Michigan. However, most of us have saved the date! First location for your consideration is Jackson Center, Ohio.

Sharon (GT6921) suggested that we consider Jackson Center. Paula (Foiled Again) took that ball and ran with it. Here's what she learned (posted with her permission from an email)

I (Paula) spoke to Mr. Eli Carder at Airstream - in their marketing department. He's interested and intrigued, but pointed out that we'd probably have to "primitive camp" as they had done at the Homecoming. He's going to check with upper managment to see if Airstream is interested in sponsoring it - or even having it there. He instantly recognized that woman RV's were an unusual demographic, and might be newsworthy. He wondered what our rally would be like and wanted an outline.Suz and Jamie had some great thoughts about organization. Some concern was raised about shower/restroom facilities since we'll be boondocking. Other thoughts as to what else can we do while there? Ok let me know if I missed something. Hope to hear from rivettes in other states (summerkid are you there?)Thanks for all the great ideas and input I am so happy that we can work on this together!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Well, I've been checking in on this thread periodically thinking that maybe there would be a way I could at least fly in for the weekend...combined with a visit to my sister in Kalamazoo, MI. Then I clued in on the proposed dates...June 20-25...not gonna happen, at least for me. It overlaps with the start of the International Rally in Perry,GA. I think it's a great idea to have it in Jackson Center, but my guess is it would be better attended if it didn't overlap International...Airstream Corp. is always very well represented at International, would anybody be left at the facotry?

Oh well, I don't expect that my comments count for much, as I'm not able to be two places at once...just some food for thought! Maybe another time...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Shari - VERY good points

Shari, if we overlap the International I am sure we won't get good attendance. I don't go to big rallies; my preference is for smaller rallies. I don't have my Blue Beret handy, when is the international? And should we revise dates?

I've been to one very traditional rally (which shall remain nameless) that left me feeling like I'd just spent a week at a church revival. No booze, daily prayers and a Sunday service. One size does NOT fit all, but that isn't the type of event I'd attend again.

Here are a few ideas of stuff I'd like - and of course I hope others will add their own:

Factory Tour
Airstream sponsored basic maintenance seminar
Tour of each others Airstreams
at least one pot luck dinner
wine tasting - fine wine and best "cheap" wine (this can be a hoot!)
lunch of heavy "horses douvers" (can't remember how to spell it) and gossip
Swap meet - trade your trailer trash (life laundry)
Backing up practice for new Rivettes
Some kind of local tours/activities

This part of Ohio is rather flat so I don't know if there are good trout streams, nearby state parks, etc. It's rural... so maybe there is a cheese factory, llama or buffalo farm, etc that we could visit. Historical stuff? Well there is a bicycle museum in a nearby burg. Don't know if there are any outlet malls, but there are surely auctions... and there may be some Amish communities, though I generally think those are farther east. There is a BIG airstream dealership only about 22 miles south of Jackson Center. They'd probably LOVE to have us descend on them.

If we stayed at Jackson Center or an RV park near there, I would love to take the tour of the factory and I'd very much hope they would put on a Maintenance seminar for us. I've always believed that most women are far more mechanically inclined than they realize, and that they only lack experience. I was seriously considering paying someone to winterize my Sparestream, but JohnHD did a very good thread with pictures that was 100 times better than the famous factory handbook. Saved me $200, and taught me it's a 10-15 minute job if you know what the heck you're doing! Even if some of us know how to torque our lugs and use a propane sniffer, anyone can benefit from a refresher. I've never greased my own axle bearings, so that is something I'd like to see. Watching a panel being replaced would also be something to see. I know at least one Rivette has changed a tire on the road, but here again LEARNING to do it before you HAVE to do it is a better idea. I recently let the battery go too low in my 22, and had to hand crank the unit up and down.... after recharging I went back to using the motor.... then a day or two ago I was told I should have synchronized the motor. OOPS. It seems to work, so I must have lucked out.

On Fridays the A/S factory often lets workers leave early if the week's production is done, so that is the BEST day to listen to the tour, but you get more noise and more action if you go another day. The tour takes a minimum of two hours... I'd certainly like to do it again. If we do decide to do Jackson Center, and they agree to do a maintenance seminar, then at least one full day would have to be devoted to the factory.

Other stuff to propose for an agenda - Gotta have the obligatory tour of each others units.. that seems to happen spontaneously even if it's not a formal event, but the problem is that if we are singles we can't host visitors and tour at the same time. When a rally is 10-15 trailers, you can just serially visit one trailer at a time, but if you have 30, I'd suggest forming two groups, hosts and visitors. Everyone tours 1/2 of the trailers while the hosts show work in progress, modifications, Storage ideas, etc. Then roles shift and the hosts tour... Everyone gets to see 1/2 of the trailers at least.

Just random ideas to start the pot boiling... I'm very amenable to whatever ideas all y'all come up with.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
International is 6/27/07 - 7/04/07. I originally planned to go, but got scared off big rallies after attending my first region rally, so we're not going to International this year. But it's no problem for me if others want to move the dates around for those who are attending International. Does anyone want to throw out any alternate dates for consideration? Any dates we have to rule out for anyone?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Shari, if we overlap the International I am sure we won't get good attendance. I don't go to big rallies; my preference is for smaller rallies. I don't have my Blue Beret handy, when is the international? And should we revise dates?
Officially, the 2007 WBCCI International Rally runs from June 27-July 4th, however MANY people arrive a couple of days prior to the "opening ceremony" on the 27th to attend some of the business meetings or to help out with the set up of the rally. I believe some folks start arriving right after Memorial Day weekend! Of course, the majority arrive about the 23rd - 26th. I'm planning on attending the IBT meeting on the 26th, so will arrive in Perry on the 25th after 2 or 3 days driving from Denver.

I understand International Rallies are not for everybody, but I happen to enjoy them as a part of our Airstream experience. I much prefer the informal gaterings or VAC Rallies which incorporate many of the activities you mention above. But as a VAC officer, I am participating in both and trying to encourage more levity on the International level.

You wanna have a good time? Come by the VAC area at an International during Happy Hour which usually keeps on going and turns into an After Glow well into the night!

Shari

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 01-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #30
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Shari and Paula, great input. Happy Hour is definitely on the agenda!

I love the idea of going to Jackson Center, I think we could find lots to do or make our own fun, course I think with such nice women we could have fun anywhere to tell you the truth!

Sue had some cool ideas about organizing the rally and Jamie has organizing experience too!

If the date is ok to change for others thats fine by me. It would be great if we could get as many women as possible. Just so long as I don't have to tow in ice/snow I'm game! Hereabouts May and early June are spoken for, but July and August look pretty open for me.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Passing on an e-mail with a good idea.

Mrs Towdaddy sent the following to me... and I think that this sounds
a lot nicer than the terraports at Airstream proper.
For your consideration:

Hi Steph and all Rivette's,

The original dates are good for me. I can do boon-docking but would
prefer hookups. I'll go along with whatever is decided. Where would
Airstream put us up? My main concern would be dumping. Something to
consider...Lakewood Village Resort, 14296 Cemetery Road, Wapakoneta,
OH 45895-9706, (419) 738-5000, 15.32 miles, 17 minutes from
Airstream. It has 137 full hookup sites and 66 partial, 30 AMPS,
maximum length 50', clubhouse, pavilion, snack bar, game room, indoor
pool with 2 spas, two lakes, mini-golf, pedal boats, fishing and
horseshoe, shuffleboard and basketball courts, and dump station. The
site did not give a rate but it was rated on RV Park Reviews.com.
Our family tried a mexican restaurant in Wapakoneta when we were
there in August '06 to see our trailer on the line at Airstream. It
was excellent! My preferences are to keep things simple. The tour
and seminar sound excellent. I look forward to meeting everyone,
touring each others trailers, and swopping ideas. I am SO excited.
Let me know if there is something I can do to help.

Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy)
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Something to
consider...Lakewood Village Resort, 14296 Cemetery Road, Wapakoneta,
OH 45895-9706, (419) 738-5000, 15.32 miles, 17 minutes from
Airstream.
This sounds great to me! It's close enough to Airstream to do the things we want to do there, and gives us a nice place to kick back and relax when we're not out and about.

- J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #33
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Count me in

I'm in no matter where we go!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I'm in - who has the biggest TV we could all pile in.

Sorry I have been a bit off line with other projects these last couple of days!

I am cool on pretty much any date - but Shari does have a very good point - the International Rally does take the Airstream Inc's attention - so an alternate date might be prudent. either the weekend before or after and possibly those Rivettes with extra time on their hands could make a little road trip to pop into the Rally as a day guest or overnight guest??? We could all converge onto Shari's site - I hear that she gives really great "period" parties.

I am sorry for the confusion - I thought I saw somewhere that Airstream Inc had or were going to build a really neat park - with full hook ups and the works and were calling them pods of sorts - I think I even saw an artistic rendition - did I or was I dreaming???

All great ideas and I can pitch in where ever I can from up here???
Old 01-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
I'm in no matter where we go!

Me Too I'm with you - Rosie and "We Can Tow It" is my inspiration to go anywhere where "Girl Power" rules.....

I can not wait to meet y'all! You too Shari - I think I will hang onto that little Turquois dish just a little longer.....if I can find it now....
Old 01-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Shari - I think I will hang onto that little Turquois dish just a little longer.....if I can find it now....
Cool Sharon, it'll be much more fun to receive it person from you than from my mailman, he's kinda creepy!

Shari

Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #37
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Lakewood Village Resort

Thanks Vickie, Paula, and Jamie, for the input about Lakewood Village, I'll call tomorrow and see if we would have an opportunity there, that is if there are no restrictions and it is a membership AOR/C2C campground so would they let us in without being members. I'll be sure to post findings.

Sharon, thanks for helping us to get the ball rolling, I really love the idea of going back to the mother ship with the rivettes!

Shari, I surely hope we will all meet up at some time! Please keep sharing your great rally ideas with us!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
wine tasting - fine wine and best "cheap" wine (this can be a hoot!)
Paula -- I think all the Ohio wineries are located up in the Northwest part of the state so there probably aren't any around Jackson Center to drop in on. But why don't we pick up a small assortment of the Buckeye State's offerings for our own little wine tasting and see what they have to offer? Their finest, and some two buck(eye) chuck maybe? Could be fun. If I take the northern route to get to the rally, I'll look for wineries, and wine stores when I'm coming through that area.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Paula -- I think all the Ohio wineries are located up in the Northwest part of the state so there probably aren't any around Jackson Center to drop in on. But why don't we pick up a small assortment of the Buckeye State's offerings for our own little wine tasting and see what they have to offer? Their finest, and some two buck(eye) chuck maybe? Could be fun. If I take the northern route to get to the rally, I'll look for wineries, and wine stores when I'm coming through that area.

-Jamie
Hmmm this is sounding better and better - I might be bringing the larger trailer - don't ask right now why - but I can pick up lots of wine on the way!!!!!!!!! Forget Airstream INC after the wine tasting I am likely to pull a Carol and come home with a brand new one

And now I know why some are really into the dump stations or full hook ups Two buck(eye) Chuck! I was sort of wonder how on earth one single woman could produce over 13 gallons of poop in a single weekend - for the smallest black tank I think out there.....
Old 01-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
but I can pick up lots of wine on the way!!!!!!!!! Forget Airstream INC after the wine tasting I am likely to pull a Carol and come home with a brand new one
Sharon -- maybe we need to try to rendezvous pre-rally up in the Ohio wine country area. Anybody else comin' through there?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650